SSC was included in TAMU’s Staff Appreciation Week which started on Monday, February 29 and ran through Saturday, March 5. We are grateful to TAMU for including us in the week’s events and are happy to be part of the Aggie family! Below is a recap of the events:
- Monday, February 29 – President’s Meritorious Service Awards Ceremony and Reception: Our very own EDCS Project Manager, Sarah Morris, received her award. Bob Casagrande, Sarah Boreen, Jeff Heye and several others from EDCS were there to cheer Sarah on as she received this prestigious award.
- Tuesday, March 1 – President Young’s Backyard Picnic: Many of our associates came out to enjoy picnic fare, henna and airbrush tattooing, games and inflatables, including Knockerball! Richard Gentry and Paul Tisch took on Ralph Davila and Ron Carter. Bob Casagrande was interviewed on KBTX’s live broadcast. The video can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/v-w0k0brWwI
- Wednesday, March 2 – Many of our associates participated in the Wellness Walk followed by a rally in Rudder Plaza led by Mrs. Marti Young, who taught us some workout tips, including proper squat form!
- Thursday, March 3 – Guest speaker Romila “Dr. Romie” Mushtaq presented 2 sessions of “Happy Brain, Happy Life: Strategies for Managing Stress.” Some of the topics discussed during her engaging presentation included mindfulness, the importance of mediation and digital detox before bedtime.
- Friday, March 4 – For Department Appreciation Day, SSC ordered a total of 172 dozen Shipley’s donuts! Each associate received two donuts.
- Saturday, March 5 – Staff Saturday on Kyle Field was an event enjoyed by many! Bounce houses, photo ops with Reveille and the Yell Leaders and stadium fare were just some of the fun offerings.
Texas A&M University has some wonderful pictures of Staff Appreciation Week at